Monday, November 20, 2017

the day my heart grew three sizes more

The Gourley gang got together this last Saturday to do a service project in honor of our Gourley angel babies Lilly, Ryker, Graham and Jett. As grateful as I am for our angels, my heart can't help but sink at the fact that I just had to type four names following the words 'angel babies'. That's about four too many angels than anyone needs... ugh!

Anyway, the gang got together to put together baby kits to donate to the North Temple Clinic in Salt Lake. We ended up making 24 kits + extra items to donate! Hands down the best part was watching my nieces and nephews all help put them together. My grinch heart definitely grew three sizes that day -- all the feels were definitely felt! I love my Gourley gang! Our gang definitely has it's quirks (what family doesn't?!), but I just can't help but be sooo grateful I lucked out in the in-law department! You can always count on them to come through and always be there when you need them (as we've experienced so much over these last six months!). Gah, my heart might be growing even more as I type all this, so I better just leave a picture dump of all the photos I took that morning...

...annnd now I'm crying again. It probably didn't help that me and Chris dropped the kits off at the clinic today, either. 
This is the clinic that Chris used to work at. I remember Chris always coming home and telling me about the patients that would come in that hardly spoke any english, had no money or insurance, and a lot of times were homeless. When we dropped off the kits the ladies at the front desk were so happy and excited and said those kits would be gone soon for sure. Made my heart burst! 

I can't think of a better way to celebrate Graham and Jett + kick off the holiday season than this service project... I am SO ready for Thanksgiving this week! It feels so good to serve + remember that the world doesn't just revolve around me + realize everyone has their own trials. I hope a Gourley gang service project becomes an annual tradition and that I'll be better prepared next year with more tissues. 

1 comment:

  1. So far so good i give thanks to Dr.Ogudugu for great work he did for me during my time of distress, And i have never seen anything that works so fast and so effective like the spell that Dr.Ogudugu cast on my lover which brought my lover back to me. Here is Dr.Ogudugu details: greatogudugu@gmail.com or WhatsApp No: +2348139793075 for further inquiry and assistance.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS