Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: San Diego!

My doctor said there's only one thing he knows that even remotely helps ease the heartache of losing a baby (or babies) + infertility:
v a c a t i o n.

So, that's what we did! Doctor's order.

We talked to the roomies (my in-laws), and somehow decided on going to San Diego. Kind of random, but it was definitely a nice change of pace from our usual go-to vacation spot in St. George. Even though I kind of hated the fact that we had the opportunity to go on a vacation, I'm so happy we went. I guess my doctor knew what he was talkin' about...

Enjoy the highlights--good, bad, and ugly.

The Good:
-vacationing with the roomies!
-everything at Casa de Guadalajara... where all my cheese-filled dreams came true
-rootbeer floats in old town
-the smell of our hotel...I'm confident that the smell of the hotel is what heaven smells like + me and Martha were so in love with the smell that we asked the concierge desk what it was (it's called "attune")
-Tom G hooking it up with the best seats behind the dugout at the Padres game
-getting our pictures on the scoreboard at the game
-the pool
-frisbee contests in the pool + Chris trying to lift Marty on his shoulders
-Ghirardelli's samples and ice cream
-the "crime scene" pizza at Pizzeria Luigi (why am I so late to the ricotta cheese game? soooo amazing)
-the concierge lounge for second dinner + diet pepsi on tap 
-Coronado island
-the "frings" at Burger Lounge
-UBER (first timers!)
-watching Shark Week in a hotel bed
-Marty always having Hi-Chews on hand
-shopping in the Gaslamp District
-Hodad's...well worth the wait!!! + all the heart eyes for the best chocolate shake I've ever had
-visiting the San Diego temple SO SO PRETTY

The Bad:
-"cheese cramps" from Casa de Guadalajara
-not being able to find Casa de Guadalajara and literally taking the longest route possible to get to it
-finding out that the scent in our hotel costs $150
-Tom G "scouting things out" - I was not mentally or physically prepared for that
-me and Marty losing to Chris and Tom G in the frisbee contest
-Chris' caramel malt at Ghirardelli's not really having caramel in it
-no fry sauce in Cali :( 
-not staying at Coronado Island long enough
-Chris convincing me to walk almost 3 miles (unknowingly uphill) in the San Diego humidity to get to a golf course
-finding a raisin cookie in the chocolate chip cookie jar in the concierge lounge... oh, the trust issues!!!
-Jason having to break into our house to feed our cat while we were gone
-not catching a foul ball at the Padres game
-the honeymoon couple next to Chris on the plane "high thighing"
-getting sick from drinking the chocolate shake at Hodad's too fast
-not having enough time to try all the amazing food places in San Diego

The Ugly:
-my nightmares about falling off our 19th floor balcony hotel room
-how sore I was from doing a BBG workout in the hotel gym
-my hangry + sweaty + no-longer-curled hair from walking to the golf course with Chris
-COMIC CON convention center right next to our hotel.... 'nuff said

 photo postsignature.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh!! You went to burger lounge!! Can we come next time? SAN Diego is ammmaaazzzing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your good, bad and ugly posts! You are just missing one thing under the bad category....that we were not with you :). (And no one can be prepared for Tom G's "scouting it out" haha).

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS