Saturday, November 29, 2014

a little late, but still thankful!


I guess I missed the memo from Instagram that said I needed to post a cutesy picture with my significant other on Thanksgiving and tell everyone how thankful I am for them. So, like everything else in my life, here I am!...two days too late. But that's only because I was having way too much fun stuffing my face with food and spending time with my family and um, stuffing my face with food. 

Now I know I said you wouldn't see anymore thankful posts from me this month, but I feel like it's kind of necessary, because somehow I got skipped at the Gourley table when everyone was going around saying two things they were thankful for. Maybe being "skipped" wasn't by chance, though. You see, I'm socially inept when it comes to casual conversation and tend to yell things out like, "SEX!" while everyone's gathered around the dinner table. Well played Gourley gang, well played. 

Anyway, since I never got to tell my Gourley family on Thanksgiving, I just wanted to let them know that I am so thankful for all of them! Since the very beginning, I've been welcomed in with open arms and treated like one of their own! I love that everyone acts excited when we come over + interested in what's going on in our lives. Thank you for always pretending to be interested in my school schedule and Chris' work stories--it does not go unnoticed! Oh, and I'm thankful that Mama Gourley always has a supply of dirty diet. DP on-hand + is genuinely concerned that I didn't get enough to eat even after I've devoured 3 plates of food. 

Obviously I couldn't do a thankful post and not mention my own family. I know not everyone can say they are best friends with their family, and I definitely know not everyone can say that their only friends are their family, either ;) I'm so glad I have a family that eats 4 servings of anything like I do + makes dirty jokes while playing Settlers of Catan (Does anybody got wood?!) + shows affection by making fun of you. I love my people.

Last but not least, I'm thankful for Chris--the constant in my life. The constant teasing, tickling, sweatpants-wearing, and smiling that's become part of my life. I'm thankful he agreed to put up with me for eternity, because I don't think many others would have been up to the challenge. You're my person, Chris! Even if you don't understand the significance of that phrase.

To sum this (corny post) all up, I guess what I'm trying to say is that the things I'm most thankful for in my life aren't things.

Life is good.

 photo postsignature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHA kay we have similar brains because i said "celexa" when it was my turn. It was pretty dead silent after that..... and so awakward. (Celexa is an anti-anxiety/anti-depressant drug and yes I'm on it.) Bahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I. CANNOT. get over your HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously it's just so gorgeous!!!

    I know what the phrase means when you say I'm your person. And that my only friends are my family. I can relate. I can relate. Haha. Always good reading your blog and seeing you in long lines!!!!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS